Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Stumbled Upon

Hello Everyone,

I decided that I should probably make another post after seeing a sharp spike in page views after I last wrote. However, I'm not really in the writing mood tonight since I just got done writing a paper for one of my classes. So, tonight's post is going to be short and sweet.

First of all, the golf season is now upon all of us in Minnesota, and you cant even imagine how excited that makes me! If you follow golf you will know that the Master's golf tournament took place this last week, and it was a doozy. I was on the edge of my seat rooting for Tiger Woods to win it all (he is by far my favorite golfer). Unfortunately, he only came close shooting 10 under par. But hats of to Charl Schwartzel for winning, he had a great round and finished strong. Other than that, I have been on the practice range a few times, and will hopefully be out on the course VERY soon.

Secondly, I have spent an above average amount of time procrastinating lately because I stumbled upon StumbleUpon.com (check it out if you have some extra time, its pretty great).
One page that I stumbled upon (haha, using the title of the website to describe coming across a website is funny!) recently was about lucid dreaming. A lucid dream happens when the dreamer realizes that they are dreaming, and can then take control of what happens within the dream. The first thing that came to mind when seeing the term was an episode of American Dad, where Steve teaches himself to lucid dream (Season 5 Ep. 15). The second thing that came to mind however was, "wow, an entire world where I control everything that happens! Inception anyone...? The question I am going to pose to you is whether or not you are willing to teach yourself to lucid dream? There are both positive and negative effects to training your brain to do this. Personally, I'm not sure whether I am willing to manipulate my mind into lucid dreaming, but maybe you are. Leave a comment on your thoughts.

So, this post was slightly longer than I was anticipating. As far as more frequent posting goes, ill do my best, maybe ill set a goal for once a week... anyway, just remember that you don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive twice :-)

1 comment:

  1. Lucid dreaming sounds like a fancier way of saying, "Imagination."

    ReplyDelete